Sunday 19 June 2011

How do the Chinese do it? Chapter 8 - A vision of much more

Last night I attended an e-seminar with Alexandre Borovik.  I struggled to follow much of it as the conversation was heavily accented and the sound quality poor.  But then, in the last few minutes of the hour, something tremendous.  I opened a draft of his book:
Shadows of the Truth: Metamathematics of Elementary Mathematics
and in it, muddled among many other paths of thought, I could see that he has this incredible insight into the deeper concepts of mathematics that only children and highly eduated pure mathematicians can see.  Insights of which I have only begun to scratch the surface in my teaching.

Thank you Alexandre.




How do the Chinese do it?  Links to my other blogs in this series.
4. Part 4
5. Part 5
6. Part 6

No comments:

Post a Comment